We welcome your participation in article and blog comment threads and other discussion forums, where we encourage you to analyze, comment on and even challenge articles, blogs, reviews and other features. It is our hope that you'll take the opportunity to interact with other readers and community leaders as well as the journalists and management of the Daily Hampshire Gazette.
To keep these experiences enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below. By participating in reader forums or by submitting comments to articles, blogs, reviews or other features, you are consenting to these rules.
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post.
- You may not impersonate others.
- You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party, and you will contact us to remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify the Daily Hampshire Gazette, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted. You may not post content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification. Epithets and other language intended to intimidate or to incite violence will not be tolerated.
- You understand and agree that the Daily Hampshire Gazette is not responsible for any content posted by third parties.
- You further understand that the Daily Hampshire Gazette may monitor any user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove content that it deems inappropriate for any reason whatever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content on our site.
- You understand and agree that the discussion forums, blogs and comments are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in our discussion forums.
- The discussion forums, blogs, and comments are for text only. Use of graphics and audio is not appropriate.
- You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums, blogs or comments at your own risk. The Daily Hampshire Gazette does not in any manner endorse the content of the discussion forums, blogs and comments and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
- For any content that you post, you hereby grant the Daily Hampshire Gazette the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, worldwide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.