Sources and information
- Where does the GazetteNET content come from?
- How far back do the GazetteNET archives go?
- How do I get the information that is not published online?
Browser requirements and login problems
- When and how often do you update the news on GazetteNET?
- When and how often do you update the entertainment pages?
- Where is the Graduation Announcement form?
- Where is the Engagement Announcement form?
- Where is the Wedding Announcement form?
- Where is the Baby Announcement form?
- Where is the Friends and Neighbors form?
- Where is the Hampshire Life Calendar form?
- Where is the Classified Ad form?
- Why can't I find a help wanted ad that I saw yesterday online today?
- Are all of the classified ads printed in the paper available online?
- How can I submit a classified ad?
Questions and Answers
Most of our content comes from our newspaper. We also publish special online content such as photo galleries and multimedia features.
We only promise a two-week retrospective. Our archival service managed by NewsBank can search articles back to 1996.
There are many sections of GazetteNET that are free to users. Local news sections, however, require users to have a subscription. Home delivery subscribers to the Gazette print edition also get online access. There is also an online only subscription fee.
Current print subscribers? Click here to activate your FREE account!
A "cookie" is a 1k text file that is located in your browser's cache or temporary internet files. It allows us to know whether or not to prompt you to log in. This cookie lasts for a full 24-hour period. If you delete your cookies on a regular basis and then try to read a story, you will get prompted to log in again.
Buy a paper! Come in to one of our offices and buy a back issue. Go to the Forbes Library in Northampton and view micro films (there may be lag time for current issues). Contact the librarian in our Northampton office. She may be able to assist some information requests.
Yes, but we do require that you fill out our GazetteNET Copyright Notice and Release Request Form and comply with the requirements of the agreement.
Breaking news is posted throughout the day as news happens. We generally aim to post the top news and features stories from our print edition by 9 p.m. the prior evening. Sports results are typically posted to our blogs as soon as we have those, and full sports stories are published as they become available.
Our main entertainment page is updated daily except Sunday; our online calendar is updated daily.
You can find the obituaries posted on the home page every day that we have obituaries to publish in the paper. You find them under a heading titled "Obituaries." You can also locate them under the "News" tab at the top of all our pages.
The Graduation Announcement form is here.
You can find the Engagement Announcement form here.
The Wedding Announcement form is located here.
If you wish to submit a Baby Announcement, you can do so here.
The form for submitting an announcement to Friends and Neighbors is here.
If you wish to submit an announcement to the Hampshire Life Calendar, you may do so here.
The form for placing a classified ad in the The Daily Hampshire Gazette, Amherst Bulletin and online is here.
We publish one day of classified ads online at a time. There is no archive.
Display ads are located throughout the site with all our stories and our classified ads can be found in our classified section.