The Amherst Bulletin and amherstbulletin.com are produced by the Daily Hampshire Gazette and share staff and resources with the Gazette.
General Contact Information
9 East Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01002 413-549-2000
115 Conz Street, Northampton 413-584-5000 P.O. Box 299, Northampton, MA 01061
Gazette reporters and editors have e-mail addresses consisting of the first letter of their first name and their last firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are other useful email addresses:
Publisher Jim Foudy: email@example.com
Bulletin Editor Larry Parnass: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulletin Bureau Chief Debra Scherban: email@example.com
Controller Jeffrey Morse: firstname.lastname@example.org
Display advertising: email@example.com
Classified advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Editor (comments and questions about content: email@example.com
Amherst Bulletin news, letters and press releases: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amherst Bulletin calendar items: email@example.com
How to submit news items
Give us news to publish about your clubs, civic groups, social organizations, churches, schools, businesses, and sports teams, and about individuals and groups making an impact on your community. Ways to get your news to us:
- E-mail the Bulletin at the addresses above.
- Phone them at 413-549-2000
- Drop off a news items at 9 E. Pleasant Street, Amherst.
Tips for writing a press release
- Put your name, address and daytime telephone number at the top of your release. We may need to contact you for more information. Keep your release brief and to the point. A news release about an upcoming event should include when and where the event is being held, the purpose of the event, the sponsor's full name and any registration fees or other requirements.
- E-mail to one of the email addresses listed above at least seven days in advance. Your item must be in the main body of the e-mail message. Do not send attachments.
- Mail or bring your release to one of our offices at least seven days in advance. To avoid the chance of error, do not hand write your release, please type or hand print instead.
Submitting calendar items
Every week, schedules of community meetings, concerts, lectures and other events open to the general public are published in the Bulletin. The deadline for submitting your news items for the calendar is Monday at noon of the same week.